Graduate School: Life and Health Sciences
PhD programme: Biomolecular Medicine
Application Deadline: 16 April 2018
Start Date: 1st October 2018
Duration: 36 months
The Biomolecular Medicine (BMM) program is an interdepartmental community interested in the elucidation of the fundamental processes underlying biological phenomena involved in cardiovascular, immunologic, non-oncologic hematologic diseases and cancer. The PhD course aims at preparing researchers to work in academia, in public or private agencies, or in biopharma or biomed-biotech companies.
The Biomolecular Medicine PhD course is characterized by two curricula:
- The Biochemistry curriculum provides a solid biochemical background, either theoretical or methodological, to develop molecular approaches towards physiological and pathological cell events.
- The Clinical Proteomics and Genomics curriculum provides a theoretical-practical education within both proteomics and genomics applied to the study of hematological, immunoreumathologic and cardiovascular diseases.
Within these curricula, applications are invited in the following areas of investigation:
- Genomics focused on cardiovascular disease and hypertension
- Proteomics in hypertension
- Redox biology in translational medicine
- Modulation of kinome in hematologic disorders
- Understanding of pro-resolving events in inflammatory vasculopathies
- Molecular interactions between protein(s)-ligand(s) with pathological implications
- Metabolic abnormalites in cellular model of inflammatory and cancer diseases
INFO For further information about the research topics, please, contact Prof. Lucia De Franceschi (email@example.com).
FOR ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUES (like application procedure, eligibility criteria, documents to be prepared), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.